Hello everyone! Today’s 20 Questions have been answered by Krystal, from the blog Polish Galore. Based all the way on what feels like the other side of the world, in Texas, Krystal is an extremely prolific nail polish blogger with fabulous swatches. I have serious sunshine envy, plus she has a fantastic collection of nail varnish! Check her out here!
1) Why did you start your blog?
I love wearing nail polish but sometimes will only wear it for a day before changing it again, so I wanted to take pictures and share with others so they could see my collection too!
2) How long have you been blogging for?
Since December 2009
3) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
It motivates me to try new polishes both colors and brands
4) What frustrates you most about blogging?
Having to wait for sunlight to take pictures – the weather is so temperamental!
5) How much time a week do you spend on your blog / reading other people’s blogs?
My own blog – maybe 5 hours, but I spent at least an hour a day reading other blogs through RSS feeds.
6) What advice do you have for aspiring beauty bloggers?
Be sure to learn how to use your camera – you could have the most expensive camera and polish but if you don’t know how to focus or white balance, no one will want to look at your pictures.
7) What other hobbies/interests do you have?
Penpalling, (fluff)Friends (a game on Facebook), throwing darts, and anything media related
8 ) How many bottles of nail varnish do you own?
Over 350 bottles at this point.
9) Do you set yourself a shopping budget, or do you purchase on an as-and-when basis?
I purchase when I see something I want or want to try.
10) What is your favourite make-up brand, and why?
China Glaze because they come out with so many different colors and finishes, and their formula is pretty spot on.
11) Do you ever leave the house without wearing make-up?
Constantly – it’s too hot in the Texas heat to really wear nail polish.
12) What is your favourite beauty product and why?
Seche Vite top coat – it helps my nail polish dry faster and then I can be done with that task and onto the next thing (which is crucial with a 3 year old son).
13) What is your favourite nail varnish of all time? (yep, only one!)
China Glaze “Don’t Be A Square”
14) Tell us about the best holiday you’ve ever been on
I don’t go on many holidays, but when I was in Rome on St. Patrick’s Day, it was just absolutely amazing – to see the Coliseum all lit up and so many happy people. That’s a memory not to forget.
15) What would be your ideal day off?
Spending all day at a spa being pampered – massage, manicure/pedicure, mud bath, wrap. Yes please.
16) What is your favourite TV show?
Ooh that’s a hard one. Right now I’m really happy with “Chuck” and “House”.
17) What music do you enjoy listening to?
18) What is your favourite food?
19) Where would you most like to visit in the world? (money no object)
20) Tell us a secret…
I’ve spent an entire paycheck on nail polish before.
Thanks Krystal! Don’t forget, if you have a blog and would like to feature on 20 Questions, please send us an email to the usual address!